School Features Providence Children’s Academy
At Providence Children’s Academy we encourage learning through play. Our school offers several of the best preschool features that set us above other schools:
- All exit doors remain locked at all times
- Entry door with security code access
- Fingerprint access for drop off/pick up
- All guests are required to present photo identification before gaining access
- Webcam access
Providence Children’s Academy classrooms are divided into learning centers
- Art, blocks, dramatic play, cozy corner reading, math, science and writing
- Written integrated curriculum
- Parent conferences
- Daily reports for all children two and under
- Individualized portfolio assessments
- Kindergarten phonics approach in Pre-k
- Smart-board activities relating to weekly curriculum
- Monthly newsletters with parenting tips and articles of interest
- Classrooms, equipment and toys are sanitized daily with bleach and water solution
- Classrooms are professionally cleaned weekly
- Music, media/library, and physical education specials
- Weekly thematic approach to learning with letter, color and shape of the week for all age groups
- Daily circle time/calendar program to enforce mathematical skills
- Sensory play
- Before and after school care hours
- Open door policy
- Outdoor, shaded playground with bikes
- Rubber surface on playground
- Conflict resolution coaching through conscious discipline approaches
- Community involvement
- On site field trips
- Enrichment classes
- Swim central swim lessons
- Open House
- Halloween Parade and Party
- Winter Show for three and four year olds
- 100th Day Celebration
- Book Fair
- Science Fair
- VPK Prom at the Parkland YMCA
- Mother’s Day Tea
- VPK Graduation at the Parkland YMCA
- Individual, Class and Graduation Photos
- Lunch and AM/PM snacks are provided and served family style at no additional cost.
Our school is furnished with Jonti-Craft products which are rated as the strongest and safest in the industry.
The surface on our playground is professional NFL Turf with padding and sand underneath for safety. The surface reduces the risk of injury while children are playing on the playground. Our staff is also trained so that proper supervision is always maintained when children are indoors or outdoors at our facility.
All of our staff members are CPR and First Aid Certified.
The flooring throughout our school is anti-microbial.
There is no need for harmful chemicals to clean them.
We offer catered meals that meet nutritional needs of the students. Nutritional information is provided to parents to help support and encourage healthy eating habits both at home and at school.
We follow an age appropriate curriculum with themes that change weekly to provide excitement and variety. Teachers monitor growth throughout the year by completing assessments, Teacher-Parent Conferences and portfolios. We follow the philosophies of Creative Curriculum.
Family Style Dining
We serve a catered hot lunch served “Family Style”. Meals are well balanced and provide all the nutritional requirements of growing children. Teachers encourage children to have good manners and proper eating habits at the lunch table. We welcome you to pack a lunch if your child has a food preference. If your child has an allergy or dietary need please let us know and we are happy to accommodate.
Our school remains locked at all times. In order to enter the school parents receive an individual access code.. The access code gives you entrance to the front lobby only. We have a touch screen fingerprinting system that allows access to the rest of the school.
In addition, you can view your child from home computer, cellular device or your office computer by utilizing our web cams. Web cams are located in each classroom, our media center and playground.
The NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration strongly recommends to the states that have not passed the law prohibiting van use for transporting children and to use what they term “New School Bus Category for Multifunctional Transportation Needs”. Parkland Children’s Academy will only use school buses.
Our students are growing up in a world of technology. Throughout our curriculum, we often use our Smart Board which is an interactive computer to expand our curriculum making us one of the best preschools around. Children learn through the use of color, number, math and phonological awareness activities that offer a hands-on approach with technology. Our Smart Board is a giant touch screen 66″ x 46″.
Our staff is carefully selected and must meet specific criteria. They are all experienced and credentialed teachers who support our philosophies and curriculum.
We offer VPK which is a three hour Prekindergarten program offered FREE through state funding. Children must be born on or before September 1. If you need more information regarding obtaining a VPK voucher for your student please feel free to call us for assistance. VPK Standards require us to have qualified instructors who teach age appropriate curriculum with emphasis on early literacy skills. We follow the VPK ratios to ensure small class sizes.
Our current and former parents have a lot to say about what makes us the best preschool. Feel free to read up on all our preschool reviews from happy Providence Children’s Academy students and parents.